Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Prices for 200 HP ETec, Merc, & Verado's - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Minnow

Default Prices for 200 HP ETec, Merc, & Verado's

Looks like I will need to either rebuild my 200 Etec HO or replace it with a different motor. From the numbers I am getting, it looks like the rebuild is going to run between $9-12k. It seems like a lot of money for a 2 year old motor with 70 hours on it, so I will do some checking around.

Does anyone here have a fairly recent estimate for the cost of a new 200 ETec HO, Merc Optimax, and Verado?

If a person decided to go with a new Mercury, would an '06 ETec have much value for the parts?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Minnow

Default Prices for 200 HP ETec, Merc, & Verado's

Looks like I will need to either rebuild my 200 Etec HO or replace it with a different motor. From the numbers I am getting, it looks like the rebuild is going to run between $9-12k. It seems like a lot of money for a 2 year old motor with 70 hours on it, so I will do some checking around.

Does anyone here have a fairly recent estimate for the cost of a new 200 ETec HO, Merc Optimax, and Verado?

If a person decided to go with a new Mercury, would an '06 ETec have much value for the parts?

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Prices for 200 HP ETec, Merc, & Verado's

Here's a site that shows some pricing. No Verados, though.
http://www.edsmarinesuperstore.com/mercury.htm

Isn't a 2 year old E-tec still under warranty? Or was this damage self-inflicted?
HRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Minnow

Thanks - I will take a look.

They found water in the oil, but can't figure out how it got in there, everything is/was sealed and tight. The initial response is that they don't cover repairs if there is water in the oil. So - I am just starting to check out my options.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Water in the oil? In the oil tank? Just wondering, as the etec doesn't have oil anywhere in the motor does it?

-Box
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Minnow

Yes - it was in the oil tank. I only had a brief conversation with the shop this afternoon and need to followup with them with more questions tomorrow...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Wallhanger

>Yes - it was in the oil tank. I only had a brief
>conversation with the shop this afternoon and need to followup
>with them with more questions tomorrow...

Write a nice letter to Evinrude and ask if they can help you out in any way, even though it is not a warranty problem. A call to customer service might be a good idea also. The number is in your owners manual.

Did you check with your insurance company to see if you can get any coverage? Is vandalism covered? Perhaps the water level in the bilge got higher than the oil tank and that could be a covered repair.