Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
CBD oil - what do you think? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 12-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default CBD oil - what do you think?

I have arthritis, and can't take anti-inflammatories because I'm on thinners. Right now, I'm mostly okay without them. As I get older, and the arthritis gets worse, I think I may need something. I understand that CBD is legal where I live, with written permission of a doctor. I don't know anyone who uses it, though. I've done a little reading, and it seems like there have been some studies. Dosing seems to involve a lot of guess work. I don't want to be high, and I don't want something addictive.

Have you tried it for inflammation/pain? Do you know people who have? Is there a trusted website on dosing? Is it true that there is no high or addiction?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Absolutely no high at all. CBD has no narcotic or other "high" effect. I know someone who uses it for internal inflammation from chrohn's disease and it works wonders. Better than any script drug ever tried and zero side effects.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Wallhanger

That sounds really promising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017, 03:13 AM
holliswuzamember

Its not regulated in my state, you can buy it at health food stores. It seems to me it works very well for about 50% of people and to some extent to not at all to the others. (This may be very wrong,..just my impression from talking to some that take it and their impression to their group that uses it and from a guy that works in a health food store)and from a guy that works in a 7/11 (don't laugh, they sell it in gummy bears there and he talks to many that buy it) So take it in consideration.

Also there seems to be factors of quality and the dose of trying to control pain, (higher amount) and for an anti inflammatory (lower dose but much longer duration)

You might try a trial of it to see if you are one that it works for.

Its true no matter how much you take, you can't get high or addicted. It's an extract that is totally devoid of THC the part of compound that gets you high,.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Minnow

You need to check, it has blood thinning properties.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:05 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks everyone, especially Redge for the heads up.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:23 AM
harold 12

usually a bit of blood thinning is a good thing (the reason why Drs suggest a bit of aspirin a day to battle throwing off a clot =a heart attack and certain strokes from same) and perhaps thats why you are on the one you are taking.(?)

I may be wrong but from what have read the blood thinning from CBD oil is very small, some Drs reduce your blood thinners if you take it,but many are reluctant to do it because with the thinners they are more certain you take them on a regular schedule, with the CBD oil, they are not sure you will stay on a regular dose of it. Blood test can tell you where you are which I suppose you do once in a while monitoring the thinner that you take.

Anyway there are forums that discuss this.

You may be interested in reading about CMO,..for arthritis. Maybe check BestCMO. They seem to have a good product and will return any funds if you think it hasn't worked for you w/o any hassle,.don't have to return empty bottles etc..you take it for 10days,..some people need 2 doses of it. If it doesn't work after 2, they suggest NOT doing anymore and will send your $ back,..

I believe that not all CMO's are the same quality,..but there are a few other high quality ones out there, but to my knowledge most on't have the guarantee. Do a bit of research on it.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-26-2019, 02:30 AM
Minnow

I recommend this one: [url]https://cbd.market/cbd-terpenes[/url] Basically the only medicine that helped me with arthritis. The effects were also softer than I anticipated, I didn't feel sedated. Half of the elders I know swears by it and even younger people like me who are into sports. Try it.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:27 AM
mk cant log in

I've fought lower back pain from stenosis and scoliosis for a long time. Sciatica, the pain down the leg stuff.

I've reduced the problem with exercise and stretching, yoga stuff but still had to take over the counter ibuprofen 2-4 a day. I started taking CBD oil a few weeks ago to see if it worked and so I've only taken 2-4 ibuprofen a WEEK instead of a DAY. Going on week 6.

The oil comes in varying strengths, XX number of mg per dose (eyedropper full). I take about 50 mg/day.

CBD Distillery online has a good product and reasonable prices.

BTW, its also lowered my blood pressure about 10 points. My Doc says he has a lot of patients taking it reporting good results.