Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cliff Lake - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-18-2022, 05:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Have thrown a lot of gullets out since ice fishing started.lol.what happened was one of those days.Have had them before and will have some more.The other day crappie fishing I was lucky and found a few stickle back minnows in the minnow pail.that seemed to be the preferred food.that day.I have cleaned many lake trout and quite often they are packed with stickle back.might be why I do so well on trout when i use my darker silver vibrato.Who knows.If they had been on the feed bag I would of caught at least a dozen.Was glad with one.Was a great meal fried in a bit of olive and dipped in instant potatoe flakes.7-8 " of snow today and its not done yet.plowed once already today so wouldn't be as much to push tomorrow.total white out this morning and many accidents again and road closures.
John’s country restaurant,fresh fish everyday is what the sign outside will say,has a nice ring to it.
No thx Rod.ive done enoufh cooking fish on daily basis for 30 years.These last couple of years have not done any and that doesn't bother me at all.Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2022, 06:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
No thx Rod.ive done enoufh cooking fish on daily basis for 30 years.These last couple of years have not done any and that doesn't bother me at all.Lol.
Your the owner you don’t need to cook,I’ll do it.I can go fishing every morn to get fresh fish and be back by noon to cook it up for the people,you be the bus boy n clean tables,I’ll do double duty,cook n run the till.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Keeper

Three of us were lake trout fishing east of Crow Saturday and Sunday. We caught 22. Biggest were a couple 29" beauties. They were definitely a bit finicky. I caught 8 on 5 different lures. Alternated between vibration baits such as Sabille Vibrato, jig and rubber, and rattle baits. Caught 3 on a Real Image rattle bait just jiggled and no more than an 8" lift and drop. Any fish that saw that slammed it. I had at least 8 more shake off and numerous bumps. Crossed quite a bunch of slush fields.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220116_115139057_1642565457102.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	331328  
Old 01-19-2022, 04:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-V16 View Post
Three of us were lake trout fishing east of Crow Saturday and Sunday. We caught 22. Biggest were a couple 29" beauties. They were definitely a bit finicky. I caught 8 on 5 different lures. Alternated between vibration baits such as Sabille Vibrato, jig and rubber, and rattle baits. Caught 3 on a Real Image rattle bait just jiggled and no more than an 8" lift and drop. Any fish that saw that slammed it. I had at least 8 more shake off and numerous bumps. Crossed quite a bunch of slush fields.
Sounds like a great time.Doesnt sound like they were to finicky catching 22 of them.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:01 AM
Charter Member

Re: Snow. I see the highway is again closed due to the snow. Since the roads are few between in the area, I can imagine it puts a crimp on moving around. Here in Iowa, we do get I-35, a north/south road, closed at times due to blowing snow, but not, apparently, as often as up north. Stay warm!

Bill
Old 01-19-2022, 07:53 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Re: Snow. I see the highway is again closed due to the snow. Since the roads are few between in the area, I can imagine it puts a crimp on moving around. Here in Iowa, we do get I-35, a north/south road, closed at times due to blowing snow, but not, apparently, as often as up north. Stay warm!

Bill
Been very scary driving our roads this year.Closures daily.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:41 AM
Keeper

Quote:

Are there a lot of good lakes it Australia?
Old 01-20-2022, 03:11 PM
Keeper

🤷‍♂️❓
Old 01-20-2022, 03:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

🤷‍♂️❓
There’s a big arse reef in Aussie land.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:25 PM
Keeper

Hahaha! I hear the ice fishing isn't that good though.