Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft Competitor 175 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep_usn View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Dragoneyes, how fast does your competitor go with that Yamaha 150? You have the competitor 175 or 185?
I have a COMPETITOR 175 maxed out for 150 hp-rated, the best I have got out of her was 50. Full tournament load with full tank of petro I hit 48 on a 19 reliance stainless prop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Slot Fish

That's fast, I think going with a 115 should be plenty. I'm going to do some calling around today and get some prices. I'm going to take the advice from a previous post about asking for their beer price and that I am ready to buy right now. Wish me luck, I will keep everyone posted on how this process pans outs
Old 09-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Slot Fish

So I got 4 quotes. The setup I am going with is Alumacraft 175cs with the limited package. 115 Yamaha 4 stroke, 80lb terrova I-pilot, 3 bank charger, rear bench seats with extended casting deck, boat cover, throw cushion, and 3 batteries. Best price I got is $28,695 plus tax and title. The other quotes were all within about 5 or 6 bucks of that. They all said that was the very best price they could do. I am going to one more place on Saturday and am going to call around some more tomorrow. Does that sound like a good price or are they going to be cheaper around boat show time? Any help would be appreciated. I am really in no hurry to buy, since I won't be using this boat this year anyways, just wondering if I should hold out until the boat show to try and get a better deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Slot Fish

http://gallesmarine.com/products/boa...titor-175cs-lc

Would this work? Enjoy your search. The most fun I had was looking at all the boats and options
Super Wife that lets me fish and hunt
Old 09-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Slot Fish

Greyghost, that does help. That used evinrude 150 that comes on that boat is probably right around the same price as a new Yamaha 115. According to that, I should be able to get the boat with the Yamaha for right around $25,000. I guess maybe I will get some better prices if I actually go in and get prices rather then trying to handle stuff over the phone. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Keeper

ep usn sounds like you are rigging your purchase fit for your liking that's all that counts you should be very happy with your Alumacraft and the Limited package is worth every cent, cant wait to get back on the water after reading all these treads happy boating and congrats by the way what is your color you would go with? Mine is the Ice Blue.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Keeper

ep usn will give you the measurements tomorrow for what you ask for tomorrow (Wednesday) after 6:00 pm .
Old 09-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Slot Fish

Ok, Thanks dragoneyes. I am leaning towards going with the black for color, I like the blue as well though. That's a nice color. I am going to head down to jalensky's tomorrow to get a quote. They said they would only give me their best offer if I was there in person. Not sure why it would make a difference but whatever, I will play the game to see what they will offer.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Keeper

Quote:
I was looking at the competitor 165cs limited last year with 90hp Yamaha, 80lb terrova with I-pilot, rear casting deck, 3 bank charger and 2 humminbird 859 with down imaging. The price I got at the boat show last year, was 19,000 out the door. I got quotes for the same exact set up just a month ago, and they want 24,000 and change. That was just a quote over the phone, so there was no haggling on price. It just seems like such a huge difference in price. That's why I am curios if dealers are willing to move on price much. Or maybe, that was their bottom dollar at the boat show. I don't know. But anyways, I've decided to go with a 175cs now with all the same add ons, except probably with a 115 Yamaha on the back. I am going to a place in Shawano called American marine and motor sports this Saturday to take a look and see if they are willing to deal. I didn't think I would be able to fit a 175 in my garage, that's why I was looking at the 165 last year. I have 20 feet 4 inches of room in my garage, so I am going to take measurements and make sure it fits. Pretty sure it should, if it wont, looks like I will be going with the 165 instead.
My garage is about the same length and i measured an 1825 proguide and that boat fits in my garage with the swing tongue by 4 inches. You should be fine with the 175
elite HDI-7
Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Greyghost, that does help. That used evinrude 150 that comes on that boat is probably right around the same price as a new Yamaha 115. According to that, I should be able to get the boat with the Yamaha for right around $25,000. I guess maybe I will get some better prices if I actually go in and get prices rather then trying to handle stuff over the phone. Thanks for the help.

First off, you got 4 quotes all within $10!!! I would think that would tell you that the price you got was the best your going to get.
As for the one in Wi Rapids, I don't think you are correct in thinking that the used 150 E-Tec should be about the same as the 115 yami. If you are looking to save or add some nice electronics I would be calling them in the morning. They are good people to work with! Let's look at this logically, you get the boat you want, you get it maxed out power wise, the motor is just broke in, not really used, you can get it in black, with all the toys you are looking for plus electronics for the same price!! If I didn't just buy one......man I would be calling them in the morning!

Tags
175cs , alumacraft , competitor