Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Winoga Resort - Abram Lake? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-22-2021, 08:51 AM
Minnow

Default Winoga Resort - Abram Lake?

I have a friend that is wanting to go to Winoga Resort on Abram Lake (close to Sioux Lookout Ontario) next Summer. I am traveling from North Carolina so its a pretty good commitment.

Does anyone have experience with this resort or fishing this chain of lakes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2021, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

Check your private messages.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLundin View Post
I have a friend that is wanting to go to Winoga Resort on Abram Lake (close to Sioux Lookout Ontario) next Summer. I am traveling from North Carolina so its a pretty good commitment.

They run a good place.Fishing in the whole Sioux lookout area is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Keeper

Quote:

I have never been to Winoga, but a friend really likes it there. As said before, you can't go wrong on any lakes in that chain. I've been going there for about 30 years now.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecatcher1 View Post
Quote:

I have never been to Winoga, but a friend really likes it there. As said before, you can't go wrong on any lakes in that chain. I've been going there for about 30 years now.
Winogas main lodge is on a island short way from there main base on shore on Abram Lake which has vreat fishing.Access is through the shutters into Minnitaki lake can also access Pelican lake and if water is high (if) you can run through pelican falls and access Lac Suel but mainly have to trailer there.They have a great place and take care of you.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:55 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Winogas main lodge is on a island short way from there main base on shore on Abram Lake which has vreat fishing.Access is through the shutters into Minnitaki lake can also access Pelican lake and if water is high (if) you can run through pelican falls and access Lac Suel but mainly have to trailer there.They have a great place and take care of you.
I was up there last week and my resort didn't recommend running the Abram Chute into Minnitaki yet due to the low water. I fished at the bottom of the Chute a couple of times and never saw a boat run the Chute which was odd. Then again, there weren't many boats on the lakes at all. I guess that everyone is moose hunting now.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I was up there last week and my resort didn't recommend running the Abram Chute into Minnitaki yet due to the low water. I fished at the bottom of the Chute a couple of times and never saw a boat run the Chute which was odd. Then again, there weren't many boats on the lakes at all. I guess that everyone is moose hunting now.
there is a public launch on minnitaki
Old 10-22-2021, 04:29 PM
Keeper

Quote:
I didn't know that. Where is it? We caught plenty of fish on Abram and Pelican, but it would be good to know where there's a ramp on Minnitaki just in case.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't know that. Where is it? We caught plenty of fish on Abram and Pelican, but it would be good to know where there's a ramp on Minnitaki just in case.
Ima not absolutly sure of the rd you go down as i dont pay much attention but iam pretty sure its Drayton Rd.Good sized area to launch and gets you past the shutters.Also the ice rd is there in the winter.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

The boat landing to Minnitaki is the first road to the east, 1/4 mile south of the Hudson junction on highway 72, the road is marked as a boat landing.