Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I miss my old school electronics - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Minnow

Default I miss my old school electronics

I've just gotten back into the Walleye fishing game after being away from it for the past 10 years and I've gotta ask...Am I the only one who misses their Pre-CHIRP electronics ? My experience with fishing electronics goes back to the Lowrance "flasher" days and I've owned literally dozens of units since then. These days My primary locator is a Humminbird Helix 9 and despite watching dozens of videos, reading the ENTIRE 200 page manual and experimenting for hours on the water I'll be darned if I can get a picture I'm happy with. Instead of the classic "arcs" I remember from my "old school" electronics - All I get are (for me) uninterpretable colored -blobs-. I'm tempted to go on EBay and look for some used "Old School" products that are in good shape. Frustrated.