Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
best air brush for starter? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

The awata neo is really a good starter will do everything you need to get good results. If you are going to Paasch then go with the talon the lower end ones suck flow is inconsistent. The Master stay away from if you look at the tip the needle is way off so flow is blotchy to say the least. Now to really get results you have to dilute the paint to the consistency of 2% milk so that it sprays well out of the gun you will figure it out don't get frustrated it takes time but once you get it its a lot of fun. The thing is thin coats and to heat set in between with a heat gun. you can add coats faster that way. I use createx paint a water base acrylic whats nice is make a mistake and wipe it off and do it again. I would go to Dakota tackle the guy has a ton of beginner videos that will get you going right away great stuff on techniqes you will need to get going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
I have a couple Badger 150's and would recommend them to anyone starting out
http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Bru.../dp/B001F6IB18
The smaller tips are great for detail work but not completely necessary

I have a high end Iwata that was a gift from a car painter buddy and it is aneat gun. too much versatility to learn trigger control though

Thsi site has loads of info
https://rachetjaws.com/best-airbrush/

Biggest problem I have seen with beginners is dirty air brushes. Learn how to clean it and do it every use and every color change. Its a Pain when you first start but after a while it becomes routine.
I can attest to this myself as I started airbrushing a few months back and mastering the cleaning process of your airbrush is probably the single most CRUCIAALLLLL thing you need to learn because the entire assembly needs to be cleaned for the best results and performance. Things can go wrong or get damaged quickly if you don't know how to properly maintain your airbrush after every use!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Keeper

Check out this link along with their YouTube (lots of great info and work):

https://jekyllbaits.com/