Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Elite 9 ti2 and Elite 12 ti2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-22-2021, 06:07 AM
Minnow

Default Elite 9 ti2 and Elite 12 ti2

I already have 2 Elite 9 ti2 and a 3 and 1 active imaging transducer. If I get an Elite 12 ti2 are the transducers the same thing? Im guess im asking to i need to purchase the 12 inch unit with another transducer? Or can i just plug the transducer power source cord from the 9 inch into the 12 inch and wirelessly connect them all? Thanks for any help guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2021, 06:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songdog316 View Post
I already have 2 Elite 9 ti2 and a 3 and 1 active imaging transducer. If I get an Elite 12 ti2 are the transducers the same thing? Im guess im asking to i need to purchase the 12 inch unit with another transducer? Or can i just plug the transducer power source cord from the 9 inch into the 12 inch and wirelessly connect them all? Thanks for any help guys!!
Yes, the transducers are the same. More information is needed though as to how you plan to utilize your Ti2 units. Indeed, you can operate both units wirelessly networked using only one transducer, BUT, on the unit not directly connected to the AI 3-in-1, you will not have down or side imaging, only 2D sonar. The Ti2's will wirelessly share all stored waypoints, charts, routes and 2D Sonar. If your plan is to mount one unit at the bow and the other at the console, then you might want to opt for the 2nd 3-in-1 transducer to mount on the trolling motor. It really depends on how you plan to utilize your units.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Wallhanger

But sharing wirelessly is only between 2 units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2021, 08:49 AM
Wallhanger

You are likely going to need a NMEA 2000 backbone to share the data. The wireless connectivity is somewhat hobbled in terms of bandwidth.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

I currently have 2 Ti2's. For a period of time, I had 1 Ti and 1 Ti2 networked together using a NMEA backbone. I still have 1 Totalscan and another 3in1AI transducer hooked up. I can switch back and forth between ducers if need be to do different things. I will tell you that the 3in1AI ducer has better clarity than the Totalscan, especially in SI.

I got a good deal on a Ti2 that was an even larger screen than my Ti. I already had the Ti's networked. I replaced an HDI ducer with the 3in1, and left my Totalscan hooked up. Then I found yet another deal on a Ti2, so I replaced the other Ti. Probably overkill having 2 ducers, but I can do all sorts of things now that I couldn't before, and have no interference.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 02-22-2021, 04:40 PM
Minnow

So with having 3 Elite ti2s, My plan is to only use 1 9 inch screen for my mapping, 1 9 inch screen for the down scan/fish reveal/sonar and the 12 inch for Side imaging. So i guess buying the Elite 12 ti2 with the 3N1 transducer is a must have. Thanks guys!! Appreciate all the feedback!!!

<•(((><
Old 02-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songdog316 View Post
So with having 3 Elite ti2s, My plan is to only use 1 9 inch screen for my mapping, 1 9 inch screen for the down scan/fish reveal/sonar and the 12 inch for Side imaging. So i guess buying the Elite 12 ti2 with the 3N1 transducer is a must have. Thanks guys!! Appreciate all the feedback!!!

<•(((><
Just remember and take into consideration, only two (2) of those three (3) Ti2 units will be wirelessly networked and the 3rd will be a stand alone unit. Connecting them via NMEA2K will only allow sharing newly created waypoints, and only if each unit is powered on and connected when that waypoint is created.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:58 AM
Minnow

Yes thank you for the info! I will use the 12 inch for side image only. With having 2 transducers on the back of my boat, what do you guys recommend? I dont want the transducer im using for side imaging hitting off my other transducer?
Old 02-23-2021, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Is the "other" transducer also a side imaging transducer (3-in-1)? If it's a 2D or HDI skimmer transducer, be sure to mount the 3-in-1 slightly lower than the other transducer so as to not block/impair the side view of the 3-in-1.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:49 PM
Minnow

Yes they are the same transducer. So I should put the 2nd transducer slightly lower than the other one? How far apart?