Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
502 update - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFish View Post
Greetings,

It appeared to me several weeks ago that the crew would start paving the south end of 502 when they finished with the stretch of road on the north end. How is the stretch of road on the south end of 502? Is that work finished or not yet started? My wife and I head up 502 Friday morning.

Very kindest regards....
The south end work is just the culverts. They havent started any resurfacing yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Keeper

Anyone been on 502 this week? Want to keep this thread going as I will be heading that way in a week. Thanks
Old 08-17-2019, 04:52 AM
Minnow

We’re headed up Today. I think we’re going the 71 route. It’s only 20 minutes longer according to Maps
Old 08-17-2019, 05:14 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOfish View Post
We€™re headed up Today. I think we€™re going the 71 route. It€™s only 20 minutes longer according to Maps
Just drove north last evening. 502 is fine. Most of the culvert repairs are fine to drive over. There was one that I wish I'd have slowed down a bit for but the others were no biggie. There was no area of removed pavement as was the case two months ago. There was one spot where they're putting in a large culvert and it's a single lane with flag men, but other than that its in great shape.
Traxxis
HB 999hd SI
HB 858c
Old 08-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Came back (south) today - 8/19. The southern ~30 miles has many culvert 'hump/bumps'. I slowed for them - don't see any reason to launch the boat. Some weren't bad - some were worse.

It appeared that they will begin paving the southern part of the road. One lane was devoid of pavement - I don't know if it was covered with gravel or removed. But t here was maybe 1/2 mile of single lane. No problem on a Monday afternoon.

I made it the 502 trip in 2 1/4 hours. I stopped a few times to pee and to tune my MP3 player.
I'm never in a hurry. It's a beautiful drive.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by law57 View Post
Came back (south) today - 8/19. The southern ~30 miles has many culvert 'hump/bumps'. I slowed for them - don't see any reason to launch the boat. Some weren't bad - some were worse.

It appeared that they will begin paving the southern part of the road. One lane was devoid of pavement - I don't know if it was covered with gravel or removed. But t here was maybe 1/2 mile of single lane. No problem on a Monday afternoon.

I made it the 502 trip in 2 1/4 hours. I stopped a few times to pee and to tune my MP3 player.
I'm never in a hurry. It's a beautiful drive.
I traveled it the same day. The farthest north culvert crossing is the worst, so you'll want to slow up for that one for sure. Monday morning they had already starting grinding pavement. The north was in good shape up near Dryden, but yest the southern 30 miles were a challenge.

LM
Old 09-04-2019, 08:11 AM
Minnow

Default Late-Breaking News?

It's been over two weeks since there was a report on Hwy 502 conditions. Anybody been up that way more recently that might have an update?
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Keeper

Came home last Saturday. They were not working on the road as it was a holiday weekend. The south end is still under construction. There was a several mile stretch where both lanes are gravel. If you go while they are working expect some delay as they pave 1 lane at a time making you wait for oncoming traffic. It is not terrible but just be aware and slow down for the culvert repairs where there are bump signs. Just drive cautiously and be aware of the all the other idiots around you, and trust me there are a lot them. Mostly Americans that can't take an extra 15 minutes to arrive safely at there destination. Be safe
Old 09-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Minnow

Came back Sat 8/31 all construction is on the last 20-30 miles or so on the south end. Hit a patch of gravel maybe 1 mile long - both lanes were open.
On the way up that stretch was one lane. There are also the culvert replacements that are gravel and the bumps weren't bad. No problem at all but we went thru when dry so no crap on the boat that I had to clean off.
Who knows what to expect now they have to asphalt that patch of gravel sometime I would think.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IaDave14 View Post
Came back Sat 8/31 all construction is on the last 20-30 miles or so on the south end. Hit a patch of gravel maybe 1 mile long - both lanes were open.
On the way up that stretch was one lane. There are also the culvert replacements that are gravel and the bumps weren't bad. No problem at all but we went thru when dry so no crap on the boat that I had to clean off.
Who knows what to expect now they have to asphalt that patch of gravel sometime I would think.
Ditto
..have to watch for bears on that road...bout tagged one with the bumper coming down the gravel stretch last Thursday afternoon