Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Miniss Lake Report - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Keeper

Default Miniss Lake Report

Our group fished Miniss Lake with Slate Falls Outposts last week. First let me say that Verne and Ryan run a great operation. This was our second trip with them and it was just as good as the first , if not better. We stayed at their bunkhouse the night before we flew in and it's convenient to be right at the air base in the morning. We were the first flight and we pulled away from the dock as soon as it was light enough to fly.
Our group consisted of three of my brothers and two nephews. One brother and one nephew were newbies to Canada and have never really fish for walleye. Let me tell you that both of them had a great time, caught lots of fish and have already committed to next years trip! They both jumped right in with any chores that needed to be done and it was nice having a strong 26 year old to help with the heavy lifting!
For the trip we boated over 1500 fish! That includes pike as well. We primarily used bottom bouncers with crawlers in 25-30 fow. We found several new spots that produced fish. We were able to explore the lake a lot more this year. We had 2 days of 300 fish and 2 days in the high 200's. We didn't catch any trophies this year. Biggest walleye was 24" and the biggest pike was 37". A lot of 18-22" walleye.
A couple of non-sponsored reviews. We used the Nocqua 10 AH lithium ion batteries and fishfindermounts.com XPower magnet transducer mounts. Both performed exceptionally well. The batteries never ran out of juice. We charged them when we came in for dinner and sometimes every two days.. I brought a spare one in case and never did use it. We had 3 different locators, a Helix 5, a HB Piranha, and a new Garmin and the batteries held up with all three. The magnetic mounts worked flawlessly.
All in all it was another great trip with SFO.Can't wait to go back!

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Slot Fish

Sounds like a great trip - we are booked for Miniss West in August 2020 and are pumped
Thanks for posting
Old 08-20-2019, 07:59 AM
Keeper

SFO is an awesome outfitter! No surprise you had a great trip.

Out of curiosity, what are the input/outputs on that battery? There website is not very informative, at least I could not find much on specs.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempsey2.0 View Post
SFO is an awesome outfitter! No surprise you had a great trip.

Out of curiosity, what are the input/outputs on that battery? There website is not very informative, at least I could not find much on specs.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Adam,

I checked the battery and the box it came in but I could not find any specs on them. I tried downloading them from their website with no luck so I sent Nocqua an email requesting them. When I get them I will forward them to you. All I know is that they worked much better than the 10AH SLA batteries that I had been using. They weigh only 1.5 lbs and come in a neat 3"x3"x3"cube. They really are the best battery for a Fly-In.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstar View Post
Adam,

I checked the battery and the box it came in but I could not find any specs on them. I tried downloading them from their website with no luck so I sent Nocqua an email requesting them. When I get them I will forward them to you. All I know is that they worked much better than the 10AH SLA batteries that I had been using. They weigh only 1.5 lbs and come in a neat 3"x3"x3"cube. They really are the best battery for a Fly-In.
Yes indeed! Dakota Batteries has some nice Lithium options too. Thanks for reaching out to them. All I was really wondering is how you connect that pack to your sonar. The website just shows a black bag, lol.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:34 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempsey2.0 View Post
Yes indeed! Dakota Batteries has some nice Lithium options too. Thanks for reaching out to them. All I was really wondering is how you connect that pack to your sonar. The website just shows a black bag, lol.
Sorry I misunderstood what you were looking for. This should help https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVKA-B...?v=gVKA-Bl9V5w