Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How can you troll with a rubber worm? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2000, 07:53 AM
Jordan

Default How can you troll with a rubber worm?

I heard that trolling with a rubber worm is effective for walleye. I would probably use a bottom bouncing method. I their any other good methods or ways of doing this?

EJ's Fishing: http://outdoors.at/ejfishing

tight lines to ya!

Jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2000, 10:25 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: How can you troll with a rubber worm?

Rig it the same as with live worms--just use a PowerWorm instead. Keeps small fish from stealing bait too.
Old 03-06-2000, 11:05 AM
Mac

Used Berkleys Power Worms last year at the same time we were using real crawlers and the Power worms out-fished the real thing. Remember to open the gap on the hooks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2000, 01:49 PM
drewski

Forgive me if these are dumb questions, but what do you mean, how do you do it, and what is it supposed to do?
Old 03-06-2000, 02:42 PM
FINADDICT

GO TO THE PRODUCTS PAGE AND SROLL DOWN TO BAIT RIGS TACKLE COMPANY AND CHECK OUT THIER BIG WATER RIGS. THIS WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO RIG A WORM. IF YOU FISH DEEP WATER YOU WOULD HOOK THAT RIG BEHIND A "DIPSY DIVER" OR A "JET DIVER". IF YOU USE BOTTOM BOUNCERS YOU WOULD RUN IT OFF THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS SOUNDS LIKR YOUR JUST GETING STARTED TROLLING IF SO I WOULD SUGGEST A SUBSCRIPTION TO A WALLEYE MAGAZINE LIKE WALLEYE INSIDER ETC. NOT A SALES PITCH JUST A FISHERMAN GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 03-07-2000, 08:06 AM
CMB

DOES COLOR MATER ?
should I try a netural/motor oil color or watermellon, chartruce exc...?
Old 03-07-2000, 08:31 AM
Mac

I started out with worm colored and used other shades. Didn't seem to be any trend. Probably taste and texture is more important as you have spinner for visual attractant.
Old 03-07-2000, 06:56 PM
Fox Rat

My last trip to Canada I used 1/2 a Power Crawler on a jig and caught as many walleye as the other guy in the boat who was using minnows. Another advantage was I had to replace the bait once every 10 to 15 fish. On Green Bay we use them with good results. Hang the Power Crawler on a harness and weight it with either a bouncer, snap weight or simply a couple of split shot. Vary the set back distance from the board and let the fish tell you when you got it right.