Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Terrova / iPilot Link / kicker trolling configuration - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Keeper

Default Terrova / iPilot Link / kicker trolling configuration

Good morning!
I live in Green Bay, WI and often troll on the bay and Lake Winnebago for walleyes. We are upgrading to a Terrova bow mount and looking to upgrade to a Humminbird graph to fully utilize the iLink capabilities.
My question relates to the auto pilot capabilities and how effective the Terrova and iPilot Link would be with our kicker motor pushing the boat. We have a brand new 9.9 Merc Pro kicker and would like to continue using that to propel the boat while trolling, and maintain 2-2.3mph.
If we have a course that we want to maintain, whether it be magnetic, gps waypoint created, or the contour lines on our graph, is it feasible to set the speed with the 9.9 kicker and Trollmaster and let the Terrova operate using only minimal power to make the course corrections? I see articles online pointing to the fact that's it's "possible" but haven't necessarily seen anyone doing it or explaining pros/ cons to that specific approach.

Thank you all so much in advance, and here's to hoping Winter ends sometime before mid-May !
Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Wallhanger

Pretty sure I just answered an email from you?

In any case, this configuration works just fine. Just be sure to split your kicker and troller about equally in terms of the power each provides to move your boat. You want to ensure that the troller is turning enough revolutions to be able to steer your boat.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Keeper

Ha, too funny! I posted this just before checking and reading the email I got from you!!
At any rate, many thanks for the quick response!!! Much appreciated!

Tags
ipilot , kicker , link , terrova , trolling