Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowe Boats - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Minnow

Default Lowe Boats

Hey guys I'm looking at upgrading from my leaky 14ft with my 63 10hp outboard to something new. Lol. Well I'm looking at either a Lowe FM165 Pro WT or the FS1700. I was wondering what the general opinion of these boats are. I do fish alot but not tournaments, I just like to float the day away enjoying myself. The reason I'm considering the FS1700 is because is comes with everything I need to go out fishing but also has the ski pole I could use to drag the kids around the lake. Both these boats have everything I'd need while also staying in my budget. I understand it's not a Lund but is there really that big of a difference to justify so much more money.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

The short answer is no. If it fits your budget and fishing style there is no reason to spend more.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 AM
Keeper

Not sure on those two but Lowe bought SeaNymph years back, I had a 1988 SeaNymph 175BT which was a great boat. The SeaNymph had a two layer Aluminum floor system that was great, no rot. Wish my Lund had that. Don't know how Lowe builds them, might be worth checking. If you plan on pull the kids, I would suggest at least a 75 if you get a 4S.
Good luck
Ches.
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Slot Fish

Only difference I can rember in 2013 was the fs had the jump seats in back and a ski pole look at Lowe's web sight. I had the 16.5 fm no issues the 5 years I owned it.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Wallhanger

I bought my 2008 Lowe fm175dc new and have fished lake erie since with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
The short answer is no. If it fits your budget and fishing style there is no reason to spend more.
+1 Nothing wrong with a Lowe, Enjoy your new boat.
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Old 04-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Wallhanger

I really like the lowe fm series, but they were just a little out of the budget unfortunately. They are one of the roomiest boats out there IMO, great family boat.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:09 PM
Minnow

I just bought a new 2018 FS1710 w a 150 4 stroke. I have had it out only 2 times so far, therefore I'm still breaking it in. ...........

So far, it handles the water fine, but there were a couple of things I didnt like about the build..

The battery for the engine and the batteries for the trolling motor are all on the drivers side of the boat. I also added a fourth battery as a "backup" . I will be moving the trolling motor batteries to the left side of the boat. There is not enough room under the left jump seat to put a battery.

The holes for rod holders were not set up to where i could get a rod over 6' in there. I had to redrill the holes and rework it, now i can get 7' rods in all 4 holders.

The door for the rod locker extends to bow section when open. It created a "hole in the floor" when fishing from the bow. I built a little fill in piece that worked out well today when i tried it. Maybe I'm nitpicky here.

As said I've only had it out twice, and so far I like it. All of the other brands have models that are similar in options and pricing. Some have a "shiny trinket" they throw it, but you pay for it in one way or another. Some create their mystic with high profile celebrities and sponsorships.

A quality dealership, that is also local goes a long way.......

FWIW.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_155555.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	309454