Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opinions on Tonneau Covers, Bed Linners and Seat Covers and Rwar Seat Dog Covers - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2020, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokemuch View Post
I would definitely look in to Retrax for the tonneau cover. It is a hard roll up cover that locks in place anywhere along the length of the track. It is very easy to operate from one side of the truck. It is very well made and much more secure than soft covers and is lockable. One downside is it is a little intrusive on the inside as it takes up some space at the front of the bed where it rolls itself into when open.
Good luck!
What he said,just put one on my new Ram 2020,got the aluminum one not the plastic one.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 07:35 AM
Wallhanger

For mine:
Truxedo cover. Nice that it just rolls up, out of the way.

Bed Rug for the bed! Carpet like material made to fit the entire bed, sidewalls, tailgate. Held in with Velcro. Prevents things from sliding around, and is impervious to almost everything (I've spilled lots of swimming pool liquid chorine and battery acid on mine (not at the same time!)- nothing happens, and easy to pull out and rinse off. Does not allow the chems to get near the metal. Because it is set in place, any water that gets between it and the bed dries out pretty fast, so no corrosion under it. The only pain - not remembering to take it out when hauling brush/leaves/sand etc. Then it needs a good vacuuming.

Rear seat dog cover - any of those made by Orvis that appeals to you. Easy on/off, and cleans up easily.

You didn't ask - but the Ford rubber mats are great. Far better than the Weathertek in my wife's car.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:40 AM
Wallhanger

I'm picking up a new to me truck this morning. Just start doing some product searches for the things that you might want to change out or accessories you may want. You may be surprised what you find out there. As soon as it comes home, my order for a few things goes in, window vent shades, hood deflector, sunroof deflector, etc.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

I've got an Access Rollup cover. Had one on the last truck and was pretty pleased with it, got one on this truck. I did replace the "hook" side of the Velcro on the old one near the end, but it was reasonably priced and easy to install. I've been very pleased with them.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:22 AM
Keeper

Default Truck Accessoires

I went with a cap on mine again instead of the cover. I've had caps on my pickups since about 1988 or so, (yes, I'm old), and considered a tonneau cover. My dealer, who sells both caps and tonneau covers said he'd be happy to sell me the cover, because I'd be back for a cap. I just bought another cap. I put a thick rubber mat on the bed. Easy in and out and easy to scrub down. I am going to research the tailgate seal though as tandm posted. Some dust does creep through on dusty roads.

Have fun getting it set up how you like it!

Paul C.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 AM
Minnow

I have a 2017 F150 5.5 bed. I like the LoPro cover from TruXedo it is easy to install and easy to roll up out of the way. Can be orders online. I always put a DeeZee bed mat in my trucks, they are heavy enough to not move around and they keep things in the bed from sliding. Can be purchased at Farm and Fleet if they donít have yours in stock they will order it. I like the WeatherTech floor mats front and back. I hope you enjoy your truck.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:03 PM
Minnow

Default Tonneau cover and dog covers

We have a Diamondback. Very heavy, very sturdy, but might be too much for some folks. You can carry ATVs on top of a Diamondback. Price to match quality.

Dog seat covers. DO NOT get neoprene covers. Made that mistake once. While durable and waterproof, dog paws do not adhere well to neoprene. My dogs would go flying every time we made a turn. Also, depends on your dog. Mine hated the hammock type. Nice features: sides that protect the ends of the seat (when the dog gets in); side panels that protect doors from scratches and drool; dowels or tubes that go into the crack between the seat back and the seat... helps to hold the cover in place..
Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokemuch View Post
I would definitely look in to Retrax for the tonneau cover. It is a hard roll up cover that locks in place anywhere along the length of the track. It is very easy to operate from one side of the truck. It is very well made and much more secure than soft covers and is lockable. One downside is it is a little intrusive on the inside as it takes up some space at the front of the bed where it rolls itself into when open.
Good luck!
I just re-read your post and noticed something, on my Retrax the lock has a pin that fits into a hole on the rail, mine doesnt lock in place all along the rail, i was going to drill some holes in the rail for additional locking ...i am going to check further.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 03-27-2020, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

If you're looking for great fit, durable seat covers, check out Backwater Covers. Made in Montana and the owner is a walleye fisherman. He used to work for Marathon, but went out on his own. Best fitting covers I've owned. He does rear seat covers as well.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:09 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
I just re-read your post and noticed something, on my Retrax the lock has a pin that fits into a hole on the rail, mine doesnt lock in place all along the rail, i was going to drill some holes in the rail for additional locking ...i am going to check further.
I have never looked that close to see if it has a pin or not. It has always locked wherever I close the latch. Maybe I've just been lucky?
36v Ulterra I pilot link
Minn Kota Deckhand
HB Helix10 CHIRP GPS G2N , 999ci hd si, 859ci hd