Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Why are the majority of items on cabelas.com OOS? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2021, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

BPS bought another retailer recently. The pond is getting smaller.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2021, 03:16 AM
Wallhanger

This time of year fishing season sales are about done and it's time to stock more heavily for hunting season. The OOS stuff prolly won't be re-ordered until mid-winter.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamefisher View Post
Worldwide shortage of shipping containers! Been almost a year now! Most of Cabela's sh!t and even the brand names they sell are made in China, no containers, no stock!
They can't find them...or they are not looking hard enough. Just drove past about 100,000 of them sitting on a side rails west of Wichita KS. Drove past the same bunch back in March.
OR the industrious people of that part of the country are using them as a wind break.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:51 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrand View Post
What the heck is going on with cabelas.com? The majority of the items on cabelas.com are consistently out of stock. I would think it would be tough to be in the business of sales and have nothing to sell. I've seen other businesses with shortages of inventory but not to the extent of Cabelas.
I figured that many stores would be in the same position. Was in Walker, MN in mid July. I was very surprised at Reeds. Lot of stock.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Cabelas is a shadow of it's former self and even worse after the BP buyout. Reeds is still a great option and their shipping service is top-notch.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:28 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
They can't find them...or they are not looking hard enough. Just drove past about 100,000 of them sitting on a side rails west of Wichita KS. Drove past the same bunch back in March.
OR the industrious people of that part of the country are using them as a wind break.
Not sure, don't really care, just repeating what was reported on the news several weeks ago.

100,000, must have been a really slow drive by.....I would venture to guess that it would take a few days to count that many containers. LOL
Old 08-07-2021, 07:11 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg View Post
Cabelas and BPS suck. Buy from somebody else.
Most of us presently agree, but because they are monopolizing our sport sometimes you are forced to deal with these clowns so you adapt and play the new NORMAL game with them and that is:

1. Order months before your need for the item, and
2. After waiting months for the item you call their 800 number and complain and if you complain loud enough they'll send you the following email: "Thank you for being a valued Customer.
Your promotion code for $XX dollars off your next purchase from Bass Pro Shops is below. This is a one time use code that can be used at checkout or when placing an order at www.basspro.com."

First choice is always to try to find the item elsewhere which is getting tougher and tougher so sometimes you have to play ball with them.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:45 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
BPS bought another retailer recently. The pond is getting smaller.
I didn't hear that they acquired Sportsman's Warehouse! Darnit, another store down the drain.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer92 View Post
I didn't hear that they acquired Sportsman's Warehouse! Darnit, another store down the drain.
LMFAO

Clearly you sucked at Monopoly as a kid.
It's already down to who owns all the utilities and railroads and who owns Park Place, Boardwalk, and the rest of the 4th side of the board.
Oligopoly stage, headed to Monopoly stage and end-game.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:31 AM
Minnow

Default Cabellas

I went to the big 3X points sale at my local (Richfield, WI) Cabellas store to pick up a new reel. They had 5, yes 5, total in stock. Amazing.
So sad. I live about 2 miles from the store and will have to cross it off my list of places to go. Unfortunately the competition has dried up and it all seems to be going on line. Hard to the the feel of the item when buying on line though.

Tom