Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Covid testing to enter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-05-2021, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Covid testing to enter

Heading to Canada hopefully this fall.
Suggestions on where to be tested?
how much should this testing cost a person?

has anyone had luck using walgreens,,, or cvs?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Wallhanger

I'd shy away from CVS.

A fishing buddy got a test from CVS on Wednesday, 10:00 am, guaranteed results 24-48 hours.

We arrived at the border Friday approx 3:00 with no results.

He had to pop into a Pharmacy at International Falls to get tested again, got results in 45 minutes.

Never did get his results from CVS.

I got tested in a Clinic. I stayed in the room I was tested and got my results before I could finish 3 games of Cribbage on my phone. Maybe 10 minutes.

Be sure to ask questions.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Slot Fish

Default No Issues with Walgreens

I've been to Canada three times since the Canadian border opened and used the Walgreen's Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now) on each occasion. I've never been let down. It's free, and I've not waited longer than two hours for the results to get emailed to me.

If you don't know, you need to set your appointments up on line through the Walgreen's website.

Good luck,

Jimmy Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Wallhanger

I agree with the Walgreens recommendations. Just go online and make your appointment no more than 3 days in advance of when you want to have your test done. Of course, you have to choose a store that performs the testing - not all of them do. The website indicates which stores in your chosen area do the desired testing (PCR or ID NOW). Drive up to the drive-through window, swab your nose with the giant Q-tip they provide under the pharmacist's observation, and get your results in about 90 minutes. It's free. The test is called ID NOW.

I did it 3 weeks ago for a trip to Canada and again a little over a week ago to go on a Caribbean cruise. We even arrived almost an hour before our designated appointment time for the cruise test and they did the testing on the spot. Easy peasy.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Walgreens is incredibly easy, very fast, and free
Old 10-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Keeper

Default COVID testing.

I am the sap that Johnboat was referring too.
I called CVS’s “888”, automated number and there is no way to talk to a live human being, every 1/2 hour as I drove north on Friday.
I would definitely stay away from them.
The 1 hour test in International Falls was not free, $159.00, but I had my results in 45 minutes and over I went.

Just my experience but it was definitely nerve raking since I was a long way from home, not to be able to get over the border was not an option.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

testiowa.com is free and quick, go to website for info. results in less than 24 hours if delivered to the lab. Worked for me.

Bill
Old 10-06-2021, 08:58 AM
Minnow

The WalGreens ID NOW test is the way to go. I have had it done 3 times since the border opened. Its free, its accepted by Canada for entry and more importantly its fast. I have received all 3 test results within 1 hour of getting swabbed.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Mac View Post
I've been to Canada three times since the Canadian border opened and used the Walgreen's Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now) on each occasion. I've never been let down. It's free, and I've not waited longer than two hours for the results to get emailed to me.

If you don't know, you need to set your appointments up on line through the Walgreen's website.

Good luck,

Jimmy Mac

I also have been to Canada 3 times since the border opened.

I have used Walgreens' RTD (ID Now) test each time.
Drive through appointment is convenient.
Highly recommend!

2019 Skeeter WX1910
Old 10-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Slot Fish

I did my test at a local pharmacy. I did it twice to be safe. We were crossing the border at about 8am on a sat. I did a test at 3pm on the wed. before and then again on thursday at like 10am. I got both my tests back in time. My buddy had his done at a place in illinois where he is from. He ended up haveing to pay 150.00 in I falls to get the test. that test was back in 45 minutes. He finally got his results after we crossed the border at about 12pm on sat. He took his test on thursday morning.