Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
The big 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2021, 08:34 AM
Wallhanger

Default The big 3

Was just curious if anyone knows what a assembler makes per hour at any of the big 3 auto makers. Was just wanting to compare with John Deere assemblers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2021, 01:32 PM
Buy foreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyecheek View Post
Was just curious if anyone knows what a assembler makes per hour at any of the big 3 auto makers. Was just wanting to compare with John Deere assemblers.
I would say way too much judging by the price of new vehicles. And they are probably worth half of what they get paid but you know itís a union job . And the Union has been driving up the price of the American product for far too long.

The real big three are Volkswagen, Toyota, Daimler.

Buy foreign, maybe they will stop inviting America.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy foreign View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyecheek View Post
I would say way too much judging by the price of new vehicles. And they are probably worth half of what they get paid but you know it’s a union job . And the Union has been driving up the price of the American product for far too long.

The real big three are Volkswagen, Toyota, Daimler.

Buy foreign, maybe they will stop inviting America.
Oh yeah ? You ever price a John Deere 1050 crawler ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Wallhanger

I believe the new starting wage after the CBA during the recession, creating a lower pay tier, is around $14-15/hour.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
I believe the new starting wage after the CBA during the recession, creating a lower pay tier, is around $14-15/hour.
How about someone with 20 years in ? And also I'm not believing the 14 to 15 $ an hour , sorry but McDonald's pays more than that !
Old 10-09-2021, 03:06 PM
Wallhanger

This is from the 2019 GM-UAW contract

https://uaw.org/uaw-auto-bargaining/generalmotors/

HRG
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019 GM-UAW contract wages.pdf (300.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 10-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

The $32.50 per hour for full time workers sounds about right, that comes out to app 68k a year plus benefits.
I live in a small PA town of about 7,000, the police chief makes over 70k a year, and in NYC garbage collectors make over 100k a year, IMO, 68k a year certainly isn't out of line in todays world!
Old 10-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
How about someone with 20 years in ? And also I'm not believing the 14 to 15 $ an hour , sorry but McDonald's pays more than that !
Looks like they changed it with the 2019 contract, but it was something like $14.35 for starting wage before that from the previous CBA signed during the recession and auto restructuring. Like mentioned, $68k is pretty much just a descent wage these days and nothing out of line or extraordinary. I make just under $34/hr as an R/D chemist and coordinator and certainly not living the high life!! lol
Old 10-10-2021, 07:25 AM
Wallhanger

Before Covid: Ads on tv every fall, $8 -$10k off sticker price new pickups. After Covid: $1k " market adustment" on top of sticker price.
I think chip shortage has more to do with vehicle price than assembler wages.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Before Covid: Ads on tv every fall, $8 -$10k off sticker price new pickups. After Covid: $1k " market adustment" on top of sticker price.
I think chip shortage has more to do with vehicle price than assembler wages.
No way. Look at how the United Boat Workers has jacked up prices of Lund, Ranger, Alumacraft etc. And beef prices going through the roof since the International Bovine Association got rolling. Those darn unions ruin everything. I hear two pigs named Napoleon and Snowball are starting some serious trouble, too.