Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
advice on electronics - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Minnow

Default advice on electronics

Okay I just bought a 2015 185 t pro with a 150 merc. working on the electronics end so they can get it all installed. i will fish mainly smaller lakes in sd, the spicer and brainerd mn area and the river a few times a year. i am planning on putting the helix 10 with di and or si at the counsel and a helix 9 up front hooked to the helix 10 and a terrova 80 with ipilot. is the link something i would benefit from? si something id be better off having vs. just di? im pretty new to all the new stuff. i have my mind made up with humminbird. just need some direction here lol. also is the lakemaster plus recommended or lakemaster? i need mn and the dakotas....do i have two buy a chip for both the 10 and the 9? 4 chips total? thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Wallhanger

Good questions - I'm waiting for answers too... Bump
Old 02-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm11981 View Post
Okay I just bought a 2015 185 t pro with a 150 merc. working on the electronics end so they can get it all installed. i will fish mainly smaller lakes in sd, the spicer and brainerd mn area and the river a few times a year. i am planning on putting the helix 10 with di and or si at the counsel and a helix 9 up front hooked to the helix 10 and a terrova 80 with ipilot. is the link something i would benefit from? si something id be better off having vs. just di? im pretty new to all the new stuff. i have my mind made up with humminbird. just need some direction here lol. also is the lakemaster plus recommended or lakemaster? i need mn and the dakotas....do i have two buy a chip for both the 10 and the 9? 4 chips total? thanks for any help.
The Helix 10 is a good unit that has a nice screen and a lot of features for the price including Auto Chart live. I have demo units and the images coming from the Si 10 are very good. Once you use Si you won't go back.

I install and sell on the side and my big tourney catfish boys swear by AC Live fishing river tournaments. Rivers change so much they map areas before fishing them.

I run the terrova with Ipilot Link and can't imagine you guys fishing in rivers and trolling like you do not having it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Wallhanger

I would choose the link over the second graph if money is a concern, you can add another graph in a couple years and get the newest and best, then keep leap frogging them every 2 to 3 years after that.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Minnow

okay sounds good! thanks. since i plan on keeping this boat for a while i am going to go with the link on the terrova and sidescan on the 10 and keep the 9 gps/sonar. better to spend it now the dealer is installing it all for free so that helps out some on the money end. will i need to buy a lake master card for each graph? is the micro remote a good thing to get? being the battery life isn't so great on the link remote.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:28 AM
Wallhanger

Battery on link is rechargeable USB to cigarette lighter never been a problem for me.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 AM
Slot Fish

Get the i-link now because when you buy it already installed on the Terrova you save lots of money. Sounds like you are on the right track.
Phil
Old 02-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
okay sounds good! thanks. since i plan on keeping this boat for a while i am going to go with the link on the terrova and sidescan on the 10 and keep the 9 gps/sonar. better to spend it now the dealer is installing it all for free so that helps out some on the money end. will i need to buy a lake master card for each graph? is the micro remote a good thing to get? being the battery life isn't so great on the link remote.
You will need a card for each unit. The Link remote battery life isn't bad at all and can be recharged onboard. The battery life on the micro remote is terrible but it's worth it.

You will need an Ethernet hub to tie all of this together.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
For what it's...I put the 10 SI at helm and 9 SI at bow and upgraded the compact SI transducer that comes with the 9 SI to the HD SI transducer and I'm very pleased with the set up. Had the boat out over the weekend, yes...open water fishing in February! I recommend to at least put the 9 DI on the bow at a minimum. The DI has great target seperation that helps you determine if what you see is structure or fish.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:44 AM
Minnow

Thanks good point I'm going to look into it yet again lol its just money.....haha better to do it now than later

Tags
helix , ilink , ipilot , terrova link