Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opinions on Tonneau Covers, Bed Linners and Seat Covers and Rwar Seat Dog Covers - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Keeper

Default Opinions on Tonneau Covers, Bed Linners and Seat Covers and Rwar Seat Dog Covers

This weekend we bought a new truck. The 0% financing was just to good to pass up. Both vehicles I use have 500,000 miles combined and have become sketchy at best even with regular maintenance.

So could I get your opinions on what has worked and was has not for:

tonneau covers

bed liners (I am interested in color spay on)

seat covers (including a rear seat dog cover)

This is a Ford F 150 crew cab. I like the mileage it gets and most of what I or my wife wanted but like anything else there is some compromise since it was a year end sale.

A couple of things I don't like about it:

Giant, my preferred vehicle is a 2003 Z71 Suburban. These trucks should offer a fold in mirror upgrade.

It doesn't have lighted vanity mirrors, A truck that lists for over $50,000.

It doesn't have a garage door opener. Of course that's an easy fix.

I'm sure I can swap stuff out or figure a way to rig something.

It does have some goofy *** trailer backing assist that I can see never using after reading the manual, the mirrors will work just fine.

Thanks for your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 09:44 AM
Minnow

I would definitely look in to Retrax for the tonneau cover. It is a hard roll up cover that locks in place anywhere along the length of the track. It is very easy to operate from one side of the truck. It is very well made and much more secure than soft covers and is lockable. One downside is it is a little intrusive on the inside as it takes up some space at the front of the bed where it rolls itself into when open.
Good luck!
36v Ulterra I pilot link
Minn Kota Deckhand
HB Helix10 CHIRP GPS G2N , 999ci hd si, 859ci hd
Old 03-23-2020, 09:58 AM
Keeper

What year truck, what trim level ? There are aftermarket solution s for the mirrors not sure about the vanity mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 AM
Keeper

This is a 2019 XLT Sport with a 5.5 box.

Thank you
Old 03-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Keeper

You can add these but it would require some wiring and relay probably ; https://www.1aauto.com/2015-18-ford-...OHzBRBoEiwA48i

https://www.1aauto.com/2015-18-ford-...xoCINwQAvD_BwE . Also the 2015 thru 2019 trucks are the same so if there is one in a salvage yard you can get the parts from one there.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Keeper

I have a diamondback cover on my truck, Had it for 2 years & very pleased with it. I bought it in the scratch & dent section on their web site, didn't hurt the pocketbook as bad. I also only buy work trucks, no frills for me. I get the steel painted bumpers Linexed, bumpers are remover & completely encapsulated. Linex is hard to beat for a bed-liner, depending on dealer, they offer different colors as well. Make sure to get the uv stabilized if you get spray on bed-liner.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

My 2016 F150 lariat has fold in mirrors. As the second owner, I don't know if it was part of the lariat package or some other Ford package. It is, definitely , a factory installation.
I have a Lund rollup cover, which does keep moisture out, but has a poor latching mechanism.
I use my truck as a family vehicle/boat puller (I've got an older truck for dirty work), so I installed a Bed Rug removable bedliner. It secures with Velcro, for easy removal to clean. It is a mat type liner, 5/8'" thick, with a grip type surface. Holds tackle boxes and other gear in place very well.
The other item I added was a tailgate seal, to keep road dust out. The bed stays clean and dry and everything I put in it stays in place.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:34 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandm View Post
The other item I added was a tailgate seal, to keep road dust out. The bed stays clean and dry and everything I put in it stays in place.
Do you have a link on the tailgate seal? Iíve tried lots of different weatherstripping options on my Tundra, but still get lots of dust and a little water in the bed under my fiberglass cap.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baitslinger View Post
Do you have a link on the tailgate seal? Iíve tried lots of different weatherstripping options on my Tundra, but still get lots of dust and a little water in the bed under my fiberglass cap.
Truxedo Truxseal. Sold on various websites and Amazon. Do a google search to find the best price. I got mine thru RealTruck. com. $23+change.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Wallhanger

When I bought my 16 I went with a full topper,..

For a toneau I was looking at Paragon,........http://https://www.peragon.com/