Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Crossover 1775 v Crossover 1885 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-16-2021, 10:57 PM
Minnow

Smile Lund Crossover 1775 v Crossover 1885

I have been lurking for quite a while and am about to buy my first boat. My goal is to use it for fishing with my high school age nephew on our local lakes in MT and also take him tubing/wakeboarding a bit. Most of the lakes we will fish are small to mid-sized. Our target species is mostly trout. (hopefully not blasphemy on a walleye board!) My nephew and I fly fish a lot so will be casting more than trolling.

I've looked at both the Lund Impact and Crossover boats and also Alumacraft but I've got a Lund dealership that is fairly convenient to me. There don't seem to be as many Alumacraft boats/dealers in my area.

I have found a decently priced 1775 Crossover that is new and also a used 1875 Crossover and both are equipped with most features that I want on them.

I know people always say they want a bigger boat after gaining more experience but I am wondering if the 1875 would be a disadvantage in terms of size if most of the lakes and small and medium sized that we fish. Also, I have pretty bad arthritis so I was thinking the 1775 might be easier for me to handle/load/unload but maybe the 1' won't really make that much difference.

One other question - one of the boats is at an out-of-state dealer. Will their be problems taking it to my in state Lund dealership if they don't have the boat I want and I have to buy it out of state?

Thanks for any input/advice you have!

Last edited by Reelgal; 01-16-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2021, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

Welcome to WC! Trout and fly fishing hey. That's OK, many walleye folks catch trout and fly fish too.

The boats are the same width, the 1875 is a foot longer. The weight difference will be from 200 to 300lbs depending on the motor size. Based on your described use, I think that both will be fine for you, with the 1775 being a little easier to handle and operate. But, if you can handle the 1775, the 1875 will not be a huge jump.

On the issue of new vs. used. If used, the warranty can be transferred, but it is prorated and requires that a fee be paid and and inspection by a dealer. You may need to contact you local dealer about the latest on warranty transfer process.

All dealers are unique and its hard to answer how they will treat you if you buy a boat out of state and then take it there for service. I would say that the vast majority of Lund dealers would welcome your business one way or another. But, you need to be aware that your service can possibly be prioritized behind others that purchased their boats at that dealer.

Bottom line, if the 1775 fits your needs I recommend going with that. The 1775 boat is a very capable boat. For me, having a good local dealer and full warranty is very important. I just recommend max HP rating for both boats, 1775 (150HP) and 1875 (175HP).

Buying the 1875 might work out fine, but buying used could create some issues with speed of service or warranty coverage.

Good luck with your decision!

https://www.lundboats.com/faqs/ (warranty info)

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 01-17-2021, 12:11 PM
Wallhanger

If you do go new on a crossover. I would recommend the 2021 model. Not a left over 2020. As they made quite a bit of nice changes to the 2021s. I have a 1875 crossover that I do allot of trolling with. Great Lakes salmon and walleye trolling also. For that I love the crossovers setup. If I was doing allot of fly casting. I would lean way more to the lund impacts. The impacts are available with a ski pylon also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Wallhanger

Go with what fits your needs. It's always nice to have the extra room and comfort. I would go with 1875 but it's what works best for you
Old 01-17-2021, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

For a 1775 boat. You could get away with a 115 hp. The 1875 you would want a 150 on it. On the lunds with shorelander trailer profile 2000 winch’s. They are very easy to add the two speed winch parts to. On a steep launch you can switch the handle for low gear. You have to turn the handle more. But it is super easy. Not much strength needed to turn the handle. I would recommend setting the trailer up that way. If you are not going to power load. Just get the roller trailer not bunk. That’s what I did. I just put a catwalk system on the trailer. so I can just walk back to hook up the which strap.

Last edited by Snowking; 01-17-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:33 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-i-Lama View Post
Welcome to WC! Trout and fly fishing hey. That's OK, many walleye folks catch trout and fly fish too.

Bottom line, if the 1775 fits your needs I recommend going with that. The 1775 boat is a very capable boat. For me, having a good local dealer and full warranty is very important. I just recommend max HP rating for both boats, 1775 (150HP) and 1875 (175HP).

Buying the 1875 might work out fine, but buying used could create some issues with speed of service or warranty coverage.

Good luck with your decision!

https://www.lundboats.com/faqs/ (warranty info)
Thanks for the input. I plan on buying a boat maxed out in terms of power since I do want to also tow my nephew wakeboarding/tubing. Also seems to help with resale.

I hear you on prioritization on warranty work but my local dealer is pretty far out in terms of sourcing boats timing-wise.

I appreciate the timely response!
Old 01-17-2021, 06:34 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
If you do go new on a crossover. I would recommend the 2021 model. Not a left over 2020. As they made quite a bit of nice changes to the 2021s. I have a 1875 crossover that I do allot of trolling with. Great Lakes salmon and walleye trolling also. For that I love the crossovers setup. If I was doing allot of fly casting. I would lean way more to the lund impacts. The impacts are available with a ski pylon also.
What are the big options they added to the 2021 Crossover versus the 2020? I know it's personal taste but I sort of prefer the old paint design on the 2020s. I'd love to know the feature differences between 2020 and 2021 Crossovers....
Old 01-17-2021, 06:36 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
For a 1775 boat. You could get away with a 115 hp. The 1875 you would want a 150 on it. On the lunds with shorelander trailer profile 2000 winchís. They are very easy to add the two speed winch parts to. On a steep launch you can switch the handle for low gear. You have to turn the handle more. But it is super easy. Not much strength needed to turn the handle. I would recommend setting the trailer up that way. If you are not going to power load. Just get the roller trailer not bunk. Thatís what I did. I just put a catwalk system on the trailer. so I can just walk back to hook up the which strap.
Thanks - that is a very helpful tip for me. Anything that makes it easier on hands/elbows and lessens the amount of strength required to load/unload/handle the boat is huge for me having rheumatoid arthritis. I don't let it stop me in getting after life but I do try to make it as easy as possible!

Much appreciated input.... Thank you.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:41 PM
Minnow

I also came across a super clean Smoker Craft 172 Pro Angler XL with a 115 motor. Price seems reasonable but I am a bit concerned that might be too small for 2-3 people moving around and casting and I don't know a whole lot about the brand. It prices out about $9-$12,000 less than the 1775 Crossover but is lacking a few options the Crossover has.

Any comments/input on that?
Old 01-17-2021, 06:48 PM
Wallhanger

I do like the old color design better also. Not to much need going higher then the 150. Almost all the 1875S are setup with the Merc 150 fourstroke. My boat is loaded down with a kicker motor and a bunch of fishing gear. Solo can easily get to 43 to 44 mph. Sometimes a little higher. Just make sure you get a good stainless prop for it. Something like a tempest. Or a four blade rev 4 for tubing. The four blade will hit your top speed down. The new changes are slide out drawers under the consoles. The even bigger change is they redid the front center rod storage. Now can fit 10 rods instead of five. They also redid that area so you should be able to fit a 10 amp per bank three bank charger. Before that without modifying some stuff. Normally could only fit at most a cheap 6 amp three bank. I just have a two bank 10 amp. With a single in the back for the starting battery. I see if I can find that YouTube video to stick on here. I have some pictures of mine on my album. Loaded down with my salmon stuff.
Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/N13m-FhV1T4

Last edited by Snowking; 01-17-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Tags
alumacraft , crossover , impact , lund , trout