Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Roller Trailer Capacity - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 02-27-2021, 03:31 PM
Slot Fish

The rating on the trailer is gross weight, I think so you have to add that weight. A bigger issue would be the tires.I have a targa 2000 w 225 opti and way too much gear. I purchase 15” truck tires 2200#/ hull is 1750#, it’s a fiberglass boat I purchased from Jim carrol, n Dakota pro. You can’t go too big and remember w a 20’ boat hasntthe problems of a 16’. That is one way, dealers can make more profit.IMHO you’re way overloaded.
I could be wrong...just ask my wife...she’s a captain too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2021, 03:43 PM
Wallhanger

hot runner's right you don't have to settle for the trailer that comes with the boat, i know the new lunds i'm keeping an eye on no way i'm taking the trailer their setting on now.. I'll have to bring my own and they deduct that 4-5k for their trailer or its no deal cuz for 5k i can buy alot nicer trailer
Old 02-27-2021, 05:14 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewwbulltom View Post
The rating on the trailer is gross weight, I think so you have to add that weight. A bigger issue would be the tires.I have a targa 2000 w 225 opti and way too much gear. I purchase 15” truck tires 2200#/ hull is 1750#, it’s a fiberglass boat I purchased from Jim carrol, n Dakota pro. You can’t go too big and remember w a 20’ boat hasntthe problems of a 16’. That is one way, dealers can make more profit.IMHO you’re way overloaded.
I could be wrong...just ask my wife...she’s a captain too.
The 1875 Impact XS's are typically placed on the shoreland'r (LUV30BELWMS0), which is a 3k capacity and 3780 GVRW. Their 4k tandem axles are 4k capacity and 5440 GVRW. (LUX40TELWSS0 - Roller)
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2021, 07:20 PM
Wallhanger

You might get a decent deal on one of these. Look closely, I think there are two in the offering. They are stacked up.
http://watertown.mb.ca/new-boat-trai...wmso-03-mb219/

Tags
capacity , roller trailer