Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lost our passports - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2021, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lost our passports

So this is a sensitive subject but I feel I can ask on this forum as I am only known to a few people here.

2 years ago when we first bought our AZ home we both got our passports renewed. We took them with us to AZ as we thought we may have to go across the border to get some expensive dental work done for my wife.

That never happened and they laid in my "catch-all" on the nightstand.

Last year we rented out our condo for a month to the reputable son of our neighbor. There was also a cleaning lady in there as well as the neighbor and her friend and honestly, I don't know who was with her.

Long story short, the passports are both gone.

Now, I'm not POSITIVE I left them on the nightstand but I'm still pretty sharp for 65 and I'm 99% sure. We've literally turned the condo and our house here at home inside out and they're nowhere to be found.

So don't suggest I contact my neighbor's son and ask if he took them. He's 55 years old and a respected automobile dealer in Michigan. Let's just operate on the assumption that they're gone for good. What do I do? Who do I contact?
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2021, 09:56 AM
Keeper

Good luck trying to get a hold of anyone at the passport agency!

That being said… if you go on their website they have contact numbers. I know there is a number to call if you have lost your passport. Be prepared to sit on hold for hours if you can even get thru!

Applied for my daughter’s passport mid March and had it expedited….. We have still not received it! They just cashed the check yesterday…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2021, 10:39 AM
J Edgar Hoover

Are you creating an alibi? That's what this sounds like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2021, 11:21 AM
Charter Member

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...st-stolen.html
Old 07-21-2021, 12:03 PM
Wallhanger

I would reach out to the cleaning lady and the son without being accusatory.
Maybe they put them some where safer for you.
That's where I would start.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

seems like all i've ever heard is keep an eye on that passport, keep an eye on that passport!! those thing are a hot commodity to steal i guess
Old 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse-WI View Post
This ^. I lost my passport MSP once. Claimed it lost at the above link and proceeded to get a new passport. No drama.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roughneck View Post
So this is a sensitive subject but I feel I can ask on this forum as I am only known to a few people here.

2 years ago when we first bought our AZ home we both got our passports renewed. We took them with us to AZ as we thought we may have to go across the border to get some expensive dental work done for my wife.

That never happened and they laid in my "catch-all" on the nightstand.

Last year we rented out our condo for a month to the reputable son of our neighbor. There was also a cleaning lady in there as well as the neighbor and her friend and honestly, I don't know who was with her.

Long story short, the passports are both gone.

Now, I'm not POSITIVE I left them on the nightstand but I'm still pretty sharp for 65 and I'm 99% sure. We've literally turned the condo and our house here at home inside out and they're nowhere to be found.

So don't suggest I contact my neighbor's son and ask if he took them. He's 55 years old and a respected automobile dealer in Michigan. Let's just operate on the assumption that they're gone for good. What do I do? Who do I contact?
Man that sucks. Good luck Guy. Keep us posted.

I have found stuff in my luggage and carry-on before. Also found money tucked into a book I was reading on the plane, that I didn’t touch again in til the next trip a year later.

I hate that feeling you described of turning everything upside down ….. good luck to you!
Old 07-21-2021, 06:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse-WI View Post

^^^Just report it as being lost. No harm no foul. Get a new one and move on.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Just go to each of the folks and simply ask if they have seen your pass ports.

Just go to each of the folks and ask if they could help you find your passports. You have been unable to find them so they need their help.
Suggest that perhaps you could search together to help locate the missing documents.

No accusations.
Just a simple plea to find lost items.

Best wishes

p.s.
Unless you are using a vehicle for traveling and you are on the trip needing the pass ports - do not store the pass ports in the vehicle.
My grand daughter had her pass port in her vehicle and it was stolen. When the vehicle was recovered, the vehicle was cleaned out of everything including the jack and the spare tire.

Last edited by REW; 07-21-2021 at 06:30 PM.