Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Help locating replacement axle for ranger reata trailer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-05-2021, 10:01 AM
Minnow

Default Help locating replacement axle for ranger reata trailer

I've got a 2006 Ranger Reata with a single axle trailer. It's the 4500lb torsion axle that I believe was made by Unique Functional Products (UPF) which was then bought out by Dexter.

I see places like Eastmarine have what appears to be a replacement Ranger axle but that is the 3750lb axle and not the 4500lb axle.

Anyone know where I can find a 4500lb axle and not have to wait 3+ months for it? I'm in Minnesota and if I have to wait 3 months my season is essentially over with at that point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Frustrated Angler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Wallhanger

Have you contacted Dexter? I would think they would have a replacement.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotah Eye View Post
Have you contacted Dexter? I would think they would have a replacement.
I did, got bounced around from factory to factory until I learned it's their San Marco facility is who makes the axles, got into someone's voice mail but no calls back.

I was also told it's highly unlikely they'll sell to an individual and will only sell to a wholesaler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Wallhanger

Kind of the way things are. I had a chair stolen from my RV and I emailed the manufacturer to inquire about a replacement. Been waiting about four days for a reply so far. Guess I will be playing phone tag also. Good luck to you.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Keeper

Default Axle

I replaced mine last year, torsion axle with a drop center. I ordered from these guys, great folks, and the axle bolted right up.

https://mcclaintrailers.com/
Old 08-05-2021, 03:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho975 View Post
I replaced mine last year, torsion axle with a drop center. I ordered from these guys, great folks, and the axle bolted right up.

https://mcclaintrailers.com/
ooooohhh this looks promising.

What boat/trailer do you have?
Old 08-06-2021, 07:24 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdivx View Post
ooooohhh this looks promising.

What boat/trailer do you have?
2004 Lund 1800 with a Prestige trailer, unfortunately they are no longer in business, which is how I found these guys. Went from a #3700 axle to a #4200 with the same bolt pattern. I want to say it was around $700 shipped.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:53 AM
Slot Fish

I went through this with both axles on my 05 621. I went through Ranger, call them and leave a message. They will eventually call you back (no it's not like it used to be) and provide a form to measure your trailer. Everything now takes longer and is more expensive, I think my unfinished axles was around $900 each. My trailer guy finished it with road armor and installed. Everything has been great since. While others may be able to provide a quicker option that is what I did and it worked out great other than taking time.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:53 AM
Minnow

About 8 or 9 years ago, I had a Ranger 392V. I pulled it home 8 hours when buying it used, and halfway home, one of the bearings locked up and completely burned up that hub and axle. Luckily, it was the front hub of a dual axle, and I limped home. Previous owner didn't maintain them properly, and I learned a lesson about checking EVERYTHING.

Next morning, I called Ranger direct, and ordered a replacement axle for it. I had it in a week, and installed it myself. It was a Ranger Trail trailer, and they make the replacement axles with locating pins to get it mounted correctly. Took me and a buddy a couple hours to do the job.

Try giving them a call. They might still be able to help you.

My trailer was a 1992.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...369692396.html