Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bunk slides - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
Heavy fiberglass boats don't slide well in general. They are just too heavy. I float my boat on and off my bunk trailer.
The reason I ask is when on the launch, with my Alumacraft TS 185, I have to be sure to push the boat against the front roller as far as it can go using the engine - hook it up and only then, let the engine stop for a full on-trailer load. If I don't do it just right, even though the roller has contact with the keel while loading, the keel will be a few inches away from the front roller after pulling out the boat.

I'd like to be able to winch it those last few inches while out of the water instead of having to circle back to the launch, put the boat it in the water, then winch. Hence my interest in the slides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternWashingtonBoater View Post
The reason I ask is when on the launch, with my Alumacraft TS 185, I have to be sure to push the boat against the front roller as far as it can go using the engine - hook it up and only then, let the engine stop for a full on-trailer load. If I don't do it just right, even though the roller has contact with the keel while loading, the keel will be a few inches away from the front roller after pulling out the boat.

I'd like to be able to winch it those last few inches while out of the water instead of having to circle back to the launch, put the boat it in the water, then winch. Hence my interest in the slides.
If you drop the trailer down into the water just a foot more, you should be able to winch the eye of the boat up to the front roler.

On a side note, I've seen boats have bunk slides say every other foot. So instead of having slides on the entire bunk it's only on half.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Ti2's
Old 03-25-2019, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternWashingtonBoater View Post

This will solve your issue: https://www.boat2trailerhookup.com/?...hoCZUkQAvD_BwE