Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Impact Vs. Competitor - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 12-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Slot Fish

Default Impact Vs. Competitor

Have been looking at the Lund Impact 2025 Sport for a while now. Recently priced one out and now have sticker shock. After finding the Alumacraft Competitor 205 Sport I am very interested in the comparison between the two. They look like the same layout pretty much.

Thanks,

RVRDUX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

Best advice I can give is:
When ever comparing prices, make sure you get an "apples to apples" price comparison... line item for ALL things included. Thousands of dollar in price differences can be attributed to even small upgrades.

Assume NOTHING is included and get the pricing from actual dealers...GOOD dealers...and get it on paper.

This is the only way you will be able to truly compare pricing differences.

Last edited by T Mac; 12-21-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Best advice I can give is:
When ever comparing prices, make sure you get an "apples to apples" price comparison... line item for ALL things included. Thousands of dollar in price differences can be attributed to even small upgrades.

Assume NOTHING is included and get the pricing is from actual dealers...GOOD dealers...and get it on paper.

This is the only way you will be able to truly compare pricing differences.
x2

When I was boat shopping I priced everything individually. Even after I decided on Alumacraft I priced each boat, trailer, and the engines with each dealer separately in order to compare. I also had to consider trailer price differences since each Alumacraft dealer offered different trailer brand options. Same goes for any electronics or other equipment like trolling motors and if applicable have the dealer include model numbers.

Like T Mac suggests, have the dealer put all of it in writing. Even if you "just discuss" how something will be done like a particular way you want something mounted, make sure it is noted properly on the sales agreement, it can save a lot of grief later on when you go pick up your new boat.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Minnow

Default comparison

not trying to shoot down alumacraft but i had a alumacraft trophy 185 and now i own a 2025 impact and its not even comparable to which one is a better boat any questions shoot me a message
Old 05-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Wallhanger

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye/musky View Post
not trying to shoot down alumacraft but i had a alumacraft trophy 185 and now i own a 2025 impact and its not even comparable to which one is a better boat any questions shoot me a message
But they're 2 different kinda boats unless you're just talking about now well they're put together??
Old 05-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Minnow

Yah just the console was a lot cheaper the compartments on my new Lund nothing moves boat is solid and I'm on lac seul all the time big water just more quality
Old 05-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Minnow

take your fist and hit the bow of each boat (like kicking tires).
I think you'll find the lund to be a much sturdier craft..
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Minnow

I think some notable differences are as follows:
Competitor 205 is a thicker hull than the Impact, larger livewells both bow and stern. The Alumacraft has an all aluminum transom rated for 250 H.P. vs 200. The Competitor has a much larger front deck, with lined dry storage, console sits a little further back, which will give you a better ride. The Competitor 205 comes standard with Hydraulic steering. If you get the limited package, has cargo netting, upgraded graphics, all air ride pedestals, upgraded stereo. The Lunds guys will tell you their ride is better and the Alumacraft guys will tell you they have a better ride, go ride in both and you decide. The Alumacraft you have your motors choices / trailer choices too.

Good Luck!!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenjaw View Post
I think some notable differences are as follows:
Competitor 205 is a thicker hull than the Impact, larger livewells both bow and stern. The Alumacraft has an all aluminum transom rated for 250 H.P. vs 200. The Competitor has a much larger front deck, with lined dry storage, console sits a little further back, which will give you a better ride. The Competitor 205 comes standard with Hydraulic steering. If you get the limited package, has cargo netting, upgraded graphics, all air ride pedestals, upgraded stereo. The Lunds guys will tell you their ride is better and the Alumacraft guys will tell you they have a better ride, go ride in both and you decide. The Alumacraft you have your motors choices / trailer choices too.

Good Luck!!
Choices are nice to have. The Impact is a nice boat, but so is the Competitor. Pick the dealer that you feel most comfortable with then choose the boat.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Keeper

In the past few years I’ve owned an alumacraft voyager 175, an 1875 impact, last summer I shopped and looked at a G3, a 2025 impact, and ended up buying an 1880MS ranger cuz it was the same price as the lund impact. G3 was crude like others have said. Can’t believe Yamaha makes them. Lund is by far the best resale for an aluminum boat, nothing wrong with an alumacraft but I’d be pretty hard pressed to buy a G3