Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2014 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
I'm looking forward to 2014. Yes it is over a year away and life has ways of changing, just the same I'm not sure if my group will be making the trip North. So I am wondering if this forum is the place to try to put a trip together? I'm willing to discuss options for 2014. Any interested parties post on this thread or send me a PM. Thanks for looking!
Dave, I may be in the same "boat" as you are. My group may also be breaking up. We go to Lac Seul Lodge. Maybe we should talk.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Keeper

Default Sounds Good!

Any guys from NY interested? This is the first year since 1966 I have not gone to Canada fishing. Been many places, last one was to Pasha Lake where 3 of us caught over 1500 eyes in 7 days.No tale but honest counter totals. Long drive for me here in Youngstown NY ( 19 hours 1 way) but had our choice of 97 lakes to fish.Been on many fly-in trips when you could go for $300 but those days are longggggggg over.The reason I didn't get to Canada this year was as others find, no one seems interested anymore if it takes any work.I have always been the guy to set the trips up, do the shopping, organize the meeting but you know what guys, it got somewhat tiring but I loved going so I did it anyways.Low and behold if one little thing didn't go right, you would hear the complaining! Usually for the guy ( s) that all they did was show up and go! I have asked a few to go somewheres next Spring, but when the time comes, the excuses will fly. I have found that if you find someone, its best to get a deposit from them to keep them committed for the trip.Heck I can remember when there were 10-15 guys going but things have changed.I may be interested in joining a group next year as like I said, I miss going to the Big North! Pete
Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default Sounds good!

I thought there were other guys in the same boat! ! Right now there is some discussions going on about a trip for 2014 but that's a long timeframe to manuever! How many times have you been at LS Lodge? Seems like the reports are great! Keepnin touch! Hopefully others will be able to put trips together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up trips

Pete on my trips if you do not send in a deposit,your not on the list to go. to many guys say there going and end up not going. the deposit is not refundable unless they get a person to take their place. I plan all the trip details,food, time,If we have a complaner in the group,that person does not go on the next one. alot of work goes into these trips the last thing you want is *****in. It does take time to build a good group of guys. we are presently at the 6 going on 10 stage witch we have to have two camps instead of one.All the guys do not eat the same things,you have to find a happy mediam. I'm still working on next july's trip,2014 I plan as soon as I get off the plane in july.The outfitter wants to know if you are coming back next yr. Its prime time walleye fishing and if you do not take it someone else will
Old 08-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Minnow

Default north

I too am in the same boat. I have tried for two years to get a group together and it all ends frustrating!. Do you have any dates in mind?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Keeper

Default cn,trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2648 View Post
Dave, I may be in the same "boat" as you are. My group may also be breaking up. We go to Lac Seul Lodge. Maybe we should talk.......
Sounds like a canada trip is in the works. Count me in. Ill start it off. Im not a picky eater,Don't whine (much),and will help with any type of preparation i can. Ive only been to canada once so i wont be much help there.

Chasin-tail,I was trying to find a way to meet up with you on your leech trip but couldn't put the days together.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasin-tail View Post
I too am in the same boat. I have tried for two years to get a group together and it all ends frustrating!. Do you have any dates in mind?
At this point a late season trip, plans are still up in the air, some WC regulars are looking at a late season fly-in. I have been to the NW end of Lac Seul for many (11) trips, I'm looking for some new waters. Where have you been and what waters are you looking to try! It is hard to put a trip together! finding the right time, place and personalities is an art form! We started in the late 90's with a large group, now the gang just has too many scheduling complications. Any way we my wife and I will be at Goose Bay next June, and the next years plans are up in the air! Thanks for posting maybe something will open up!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

Default Open lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish267 View Post
Sounds like a canada trip is in the works. Count me in. Ill start it off. Im not a picky eater,Don't whine (much),and will help with any type of preparation i can. Ive only been to canada once so i wont be much help there.

Chasin-tail,I was trying to find a way to meet up with you on your leech trip but couldn't put the days together.
Lines of communication that is!! Hopefully this thread will help folks to put some trips together!! As posted, my wife and I will be at Goose Bay Camp June 2013, the next year is still up in the air, some WC regulars are working on a late season trip for '14, lets keep this thread going so folks can keep the Canada trips going!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default Plans?

After some early discussions and a few pm's we have looked at Eddie North and NWO.Right now were are leaning towards NWO, lake Wabakimi late season. This thread started with two goals in mind, trying to put a trip together for me, and to help other guys put trips together! All of the posts and pm's tell me plenty of guys are looking to make some trips happen. If I was to make a bucket list it would include:
Eddie North
Hidden Bay
Ghost River
Onaway Lodge
Just to name a few, heck that's just Ontario!
Lets keep this going so we can help each other to stay on the fish!!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Wallhanger

Question Ghost River Lodge

I spoke with Larry Mac the other day, he had an opening for this week, I just couldn't get away at the last minute, but we did have a good conversation about Ghost River Lodge. A buddy of mine after fishing both Lac Seul and Ghost, has never gone back to LS. So, I would like some more feedback on Ghost River! Best times of the year, methods, types of bait and your experiances at the different camps. Thanks for the replies, lets help each other keep fishing the great North!