Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
if you had to start fresh for walleye tackle, what lures are you stocking up on? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Keeper

We fish Walleye mostly on Lake of the Woods, Lake Mille Lacs and Leech Lake (Larger inland lakes in MN).

For Lake of the Woods We use maybe 3 or 4 colors of jigs in sizes from 3/8 oz up to 1.5 oz depending on wind, depth, if we are anchored, etc. We also use bottom bouncers from 1 oz to 3 oz again depending on depth, wind and speed with gold and silver spinners. If the water happens to be really stained on a given day, we will use bright colored spinner like pink, yellow or orange. You have to find what color they want that day.

For Lake Mille Lacs - we mainly use bottom bouncers with either crawler harnesses or single hook for jumbo leaches. You need a plain long leader (up to 10') depending on the day with no spinners. The water is getting very clear so you don't need all the flash. We will also use slip bobber rig in the evenings with a #6 dark hook with a single split shot about 12 to 18" above the hook.

For Leach Lake - a combination of the above and we will pull crank baits from time to time.

For myself - it is trial and error on any given day to see what they are hungry for.

Good luck and let us know if you need more questions.
Humminbird Solix 12 on Dash and Solix 10 at Bow
MinnKota Ulterra Quest W/Mega SI/DI and I-Pilot Link

Last edited by rootdl; 08-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue4016 View Post
Hey yea that’s a good point I won’t be trolling really either. I’ll be fishing a lot of Green Bay/Sturgeon bay so flats and rocks, but also smaller lakes around me so some weeds too. Thanks for the suggestions!!
For big fish in GB Rippin Raps size 6&7 (purple, blue chrome, green chrome), Jigging raps w9 (black gold, perch, blue silver), Shiver minnows in the biggest size ( IKE dominator), hair jigs in 3/8 and 1/2oz. Moxis, ringworms, ripple shads.

Smaller fish 1/8- 3/8oz jigs, flicker shad, bettle spin, jigging rap w7, rippin rap 5.

Also the strike king red eye shad can be sub for rippin rap. They have 3 different models. A silent, 2 tungstan rattle, and free floating rattle model.
NPAA #409

Tags
crankbait , jig , lure , tackle , tackle box