Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What is the difference between Elite Ti2 and FS? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-09-2021, 08:28 AM
Keeper

Smile What is the difference between Elite Ti2 and FS?

Anyone know the difference? From what I can find it looks like the FS can now be networked by Ethernet. Are there any other differences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Wallhanger

From what I've been able to gather, the Elite TI2 was basically an HDS Gen 2 Touch, the Elite FS is an HDS Gen 3 equivalent.

The basics are all the same - Touch screens, 2D, SI, DI, Fish Reveal, live mapping, etc...

The FS has much better screen quality - brighter, sharper, less glare/better viewing angles, all glass, better color definition, etc..., a little more computing power, and much better built in mapping, but by far the biggest difference is the addition of full ethernet networking. Lowrance has never offered that on the Elite series before, it's a pretty huge upgrade.

Waxy
Old 02-09-2021, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
From what I've been able to gather, the Elite TI2 was basically an HDS Gen 2 Touch, the Elite FS is an HDS Gen 3 equivalent.

The basics are all the same - Touch screens, 2D, SI, DI, Fish Reveal, live mapping, etc...

The FS has much better screen quality - brighter, sharper, less glare/better viewing angles, all glass, better color definition, etc..., a little more computing power, and much better built in mapping, but by far the biggest difference is the addition of full ethernet networking. Lowrance has never offered that on the Elite series before, it's a pretty huge upgrade.

Waxy
Not to mention the pinch to zoom in/out feature and being able to utilize the Active Target 😁

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2021, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

Ethernet yes, which allows network connectivity to HDS Live and Carbons too, is compatible with the ActiveTarget live sonar, has the new enhanced Contour+ maps of US and Canada both inland lakes and coastal waters. High resolution flat glass screen. Same size as the HDS Live 7 and 9 units means it uses the same gimbal mount.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:58 PM
Keeper

I don't mean to hijack this thread. But will the FS/HDI gimbal mount holes line up with the ti2 gimbal mount holes? I really don't want to drill new holes in my console.

Tags
elite fs , elite ti2 , lowrance