Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing on Lake of the Woods- LOW Tourism - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Keeper

Default Fishing on Lake of the Woods- LOW Tourism

Walleye and sauger limits this week as the fall brings fish to shallower waters. Some resorts still fishing Little Oak and Garden Island pulling harnesses with hammered gold spinners. Bait with leeches or crawlers 14-24 feet. Others are jigging in 20-28 feet with frozen shiners. Out in front of Lighthouse Gap, Pine Island and moving west towards Zippel Bay, anglers are jigging with shiners in 24-30 feet. Long point 20-24 feet with bright colors. Some trolling with harnesses in 15-20 feet.

On the Rainy River, anglers doing well in 14-20 feet jigging, 16 feet being the most successful. Use pink and gold tipped with shiners. Sturgeon catch and release starts October 1st. Sturgeon anglers catching from Birchdale down to the mouth of river using circle hooks and a glob of crawlers.

Up at the NW Angle, Little Oak and Oak Island the hot spots in 18-24 feet jigging with frozen shiners. In Ontario, deep points in front of bays, 24-28' best. Gold the hot color. Fall crappies starting to turn on. Perch and bass have been active in the mix. Muskies are following walleyes. Cast rocks. Fall trollers starting to catch muskies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Attached is 30.5" from last Thursday, by the islands, jigging spoon, in 12 fow - and some others.

I didn't see any walleye caught in the river, but I stayed close to the gap and didn't go south. A north wind would do wonders, and there has been some north wind since I left.

Good luck to those fishing the tourney this weekend. I see it has changed boundaries this year, should be interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LOW1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	111849   Click image for larger version

Name:	LOW2.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	111857   Click image for larger version

Name:	LOW3.jpg
Views:	177