Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rush Lake - Ottertail County Minnesota - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-01-2001, 04:58 PM
Minnow

Default Rush Lake - Ottertail County Minnesota

I'm planning a trip to Rush Lake in Otter Tail County Minnesota the first week in June. Does anybody have any experience/advice on this lake or surrounding lakes? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2001, 06:07 PM
rick

Default RE: Rush Lake - Ottertail County Minnesota

shiners work very well traditionally on rush the week following memorial day. be sure and try them
Old 04-02-2001, 02:39 AM
minneman

Better find a lake map, there is no shortage of structure on rush, as far as other lakes there must be 4-5oo lakes within an hour of rush, im sure you'll find one with cooperating fish, Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2001, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

I'm not sure where you are staying, but I have found the resort owner at Limmer's Resort very helpful in providing up to date info (and he actually takes time to fish, so it's not just info relayed by others).. Minneman is right about getting a map as there is lots of structure. I have been there later in the year (July), but our best luck came on the sharp drops off of the large mid-lake flat there (it's been a while so I don't remember the name, but I think it was off the NW side of the flat)..

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:10 AM
Mudking

I fish Rush lake in May, one of the best lakes around the area. Lots of structure in lake, work areas off shore- this year may be different if water temps are still low work shoreline breaks in 10-15 foot either live or plugs work very well. If you get bored with Rush, go to Perham and fish Little Pine or Big Pine- both great walleye lake- Good luck
Old 04-04-2001, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Mudking, I have fished Little Pine many times but am thinking about a maiden voyage to Big Pine this summer. Any pointers you can give me for July-August eyes?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2001, 03:56 AM
Keeper

Hit the mid lake humps that time of year. Bouncers with crawlers are usually the ticket on Big Pine in August. 25-30 foot humps are best.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:52 AM
Mudking

I only fish Big Pine in Eary spring- another great lake is Ottertail which is just a few miles from Rush and much bigger water. Ottertail has everything a lake has to offer- and is excellent for walleyes- ask around bait shops when in the area to find out which lake is producing more fish- enjoy.
Old 04-05-2001, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Thanks guys.