Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2020 Ranger Fisherman - Side storage or not? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Minnow

I have developed a sickness called “New Boat Idous”. Some local people call it “Two Foot Idous”. The sickness means you are justifying everything the new boats have that your current boat does not. You believe the cost difference will not change anything that you are currently doing, have spousal support and now is time to pull the trigger to lock in the current technology for about 5 years or so.
I have a top notch 20” Lund with nothing wrong with it. It has lots of space for lots of stuff and everything has a place inside a compartment except my 9 ft rods, my cooler, musky tackle box and gigantic net. I do not believe the new boat will cure the items stored outside the compartments but do not want to have more items left outside. I do want almost every option listed on the new Ranger 622 FS.

The short story is get the boat with side storage. You will always use it and never look back.
225 hp and 20 hp Honda’s
12 & 10 Helix
112 Ulterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
I don't know what I would do without all that storage space...

I can sit on them, stand on them, balance myself on rough days with my knees on them, and store a ton of stuff in them.

I wouldn't want to have to be tripping over boxes or bags full of stuff scattered on the floor or the bow, because I didn't have that storage anymore.

But, hey, that's just me.....do what works for you. It's your boat.

I would agree. I think those of us that have become used to it wouldn't like not having it in the boat.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Keeper

I had a Lund Fisherman for years. This spring I upgraded to a used 620FS. For a long time I was skeptical about the side storage and the lost deck space. After only a few months of use I love that storage arrangement wouldn't go back.

Did they incorporate any storage into the sides on the C models? Based on the videos I've seen so far it didn't look like there was anything there. If there was something along the lines of what Skeeter or Warrior has in the gunnels I could see making the tradeoff, but I especially wouldn't want to give up the side boxes if there isn't any storage there.