Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 1880 MS - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Minnow

Thank you oldlund. Yeah without even driving one yet, if I could make a tweak or two, one would be to fit 2 batteries under each jump set instead of up from. But then again I don’t know. My boat now is a 19’ bass boat with a 150efi mercury and it doesn’t matter much on how I load it and it still runs 61mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Minnow

Want rpms are you at? At WOT oldlund. Do you feel ranger or your dealer has got the right prop for you. It’s a big purchase and I’m trying to be as happy as I can be
Old 07-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Slot Fish

Wow, thatís fast. Itís pretty rare I want to go more than 47 for long distances in the 1880. After 50 it starts to feel like itís floating a bit. I like the torque as much as anything. I had 6 in the boat once, tough some were small, and could get on plane instantly even with a full live well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Keeper

move the battery under the splash well in front of the motor. I then use both sides for tackle.

I came from and 1860, although I like the jump seats its a little harder to get into them having to contend with the seat. It's a comprimise i'm ok with given the family is growing.

another thing I did was put vertical rod holders to the right and left of the ski pole. Check out my posts and you'll see what I'm talking about. Love them to stick the rods in moving spot to spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlund View Post
Ps: what do others do with the storage on the back starboard side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher_i_am View Post
move the battery under the splash well in front of the motor. I then use both sides for tackle.

I came from and 1860, although I like the jump seats its a little harder to get into them having to contend with the seat. It's a comprimise i'm ok with given the family is growing.

another thing I did was put vertical rod holders to the right and left of the ski pole. Check out my posts and you'll see what I'm talking about. Love them to stick the rods in moving spot to spot.

I like the idea of the battery move and will probably do mine at some point. Some pics of the support framing would be much appreciated.
Solix 12
Old 07-09-2019, 06:03 AM
Keeper

Open your hatch and take a look at the two runners with angles on them. Just build a shelf there to put the battery. my Picture will just show the battery down there

Not to difficult

Hardest part is moving the wiring
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Wallhanger

I have the ski pole in mine and there are no aluminum angles behind the framework for this.
Solix 12
Old 07-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Wallhanger

Best current pic I have of my rear access area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable thru hose sealed.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	311602  
Solix 12
Old 07-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Keeper

They are there

Not aluminum

Molded in fiberglass black angles on each runner

The shelf will have to cantilever a little bit
Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Slot Fish

I'm really enjoying my 1880 after running it for a couple months now. It's a little different since it's a '16 so it's before the update to allow for a 200, but I still get a loaded top speed between 45 and 46 mph(gps) with my Merc 150 4S. Last Saturday was my first time in "rough" water with it, 20 mph north winds on Winnebago and loved how it handled them!

I finally got my electronics all upgraded to what I'm comfortable with(From Lowrance Elite 9 and Hook 7 units to Humminbird 859 and 999 units) and would like to upgrade the TM to a 36v Terrova at some point, but the 24v that's on now still does the trick.

I don't have the jump seats in the back but the kids fit just fine in it for now, in a couple years might be a little different story though. My starboard stern box has my cranking battery, tools, and a throwable. I use the port stern box for my rod holders and other gear that can bounce around together.

I haven't found a good use for the "pockets" in the sides between the seats yet, I'm sure they'll be a good place to accumulate snacks and stuff on longer trips out though.

Now if all the idiots would stop pulling kids in tubes and stopping to load skiers in the main river channels around here I would be able to enjoy it a lot more!

Previous owner of:
2005 Ranger Reata 180 - Mercury 150 XR6
2001 Tracker Targa 2000 - Mariner 200 Magnum