Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lithium Iron Batteries - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Minnow

Default Lithium Iron Batteries

Anybody done the switch to lithiumís in the boat for cranking battery for the how mount?
Iím looking to gain some power and drop some weight but they arenít cheap so curious about whoís done it and how they are working out

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSB View Post
Anybody done the switch to lithiumís in the boat for cranking battery for the how mount?
Iím looking to gain some power and drop some weight but they arenít cheap so curious about whoís done it and how they are working out

Thanks
I run Relion's, no issue so far, also run my 36 volt system with them, sold them with my other boat and got new ones for new boat, mine are only a couple years old. love the extra juice they give.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Keeper

Maybe this is the solution to running a Verado if you like to troll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Minnow

I watched some stuff on YouTube about the (1 )36 volt battery for 36v TM. Only weighs like 30lbs. Don’t know if they make a 24v though? The guy on there had a blue box charger that charged off of the 12v starting battery while outboard was running. $2500 5 year warranty and said they probably last 10 years. Worth watching
Old 07-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Minnow

I only run a 24v set up for trolling motor but have 4 batteries in the boat, 2 for bow mount, cranking battery & power steering/talon and one for finders/stereo/and live well-bilge.

Iíd really like to be able to go back to 3 batteries and not have to worry about being low on power and the weight savings would be a plus as well.

https://www.bioennopower.com/collect...bs-blf-12100as

https://energizedoutdoors.com/collec...aterproof-case

https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...v=3e8d115eb4b3

These are 3 Iím looking at so far, in order of likelyhood of purchase based on price and out put
Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

You can buy an awful lot of batteries for $2500.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Minnow

But how heavy will they be? Lol

Iíve also been looking at 3 North Star group 31ís and a noco 3 bank
Old 07-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Keeper

Default trending

I have not been watching the price trend on lithium batteries. Is the price on comparable batteries flat, rising, or falling?
Old 07-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclawman View Post
I have not been watching the price trend on lithium batteries. Is the price on comparable batteries flat, rising, or falling?

Iíve only just started looking into them for the boat so Iím not sure, thatís part of why I started the thread.

Mostly just curious how they are performing and what kind of run time gains guys are seeing or if theyíve been able to reduce the number of batteries they use by switching.

It has been pointed out to me by some that they are expecting a jump forward in battery technology with the upcoming 2020 Tesla roadster but I havenít really looked at that yet
Old 07-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

JSB,
I pair of group 31 batteries weigh about 120 lbs.

Just think about the fact that you have your grand daughter sitting on a seat in the boat and enjoy the battery use.

A pair of group 31 batteries will cost you about $200.

Good luck